Tuesday, February 21, 2012

That time I cooked with a witch

Have you ever taken a cooking class?

Neither had I... until there was a Groupon.  Then some of us decided what the hey?  It will be fun!  So we went.

I showed up and immediately knew it would be an interesting night when my friend met me in the parking lot and said we needed to go buy wine.  I trusted her, and really when have I ever passed up wine?  So we ran down to the package store down the road and picked up a couple of bottles of who knows what $8 or less and headed back to class -- that I was late for when I arrived in the parking lot the first time.





Yep....

Those are witches hanging on the ceiling.

 Lots of them ... over 400 of them

 Creepy ones

 But it was neat that we could watch what we were doing from the ceiling. 

Ursala herself.

At best the food was dated.  Mostly processed, frozen, or caned foods heated and mixed together.  LOTS of salt.  But I did learn some great tips and tricks -- so all in all it was worth the $$.

What was your cooking class experience? 

Love,

Susie Q

2 comments:

Evelyn said...

Last month I went to a cooking class at Antica Posta. They started us off with a Bellini as we arrived. Once the group was all there we were seated in the dining room & served our 1st glass of wine. I took notes on all 4 courses that were prepared from scratch in front of us by the owner & his 2 brothers and then served to us. They welcomed any & all questions & were very engaging with the whole room as they went through everything step by step. I was hoping when I signed up that it would be hands on with everyone actually working in the kitchen but all in all I definately feel that I got my $50 worth. I actually had to say that I would not need anymore wine for the afternoon. It was a fun way to spend a rainy Sunday afternoon. Looking forward to the next post on Life After Happily Ever After!

Melissa said...

Horray! I've been waiting for this post!! I second everything you said, but you forgot to mention the part about that crazy lady peeling her mushrooms before she cooks them!! She was a little out there, I am VERY glad we had the wine. Again, THANK YOU for that! (to read my version head on over to my blog: http://forkeepsies.blogspot.com/2012/01/groupon-fun.html)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...