Friday, May 27, 2011

Fallen Trees and Yummy Shrimp Dish

Happy Friday everyone!

The hubs has left on a jet plane to California today.  He's got quite the social calendar this weekend!  He's off to a wedding tonight followed by a jaunt through the mountains to meet his family for their annual camping trip, then he's going to a jazz festival with his best friend and playing golf Monday before returning on the red eye.  I'll pick him up Tuesday morning and bring him home so he can then get to work -- He's going to be awfully tired come Tuesday night.

Meanwhile --

This fell down in our complex last night

I took the picture this morning -- 

Excuse the blurriness... two dogs trying to get to the chainsaw man does not make for an easy picture.  Yes, that's a giant tree limb, the gutter is hanging down from the building, the shutters have fallen off... it's not pretty, but luckily, no one was hurt! (Don't worry, we live in a different building at the complex)

ZOINKS!
I'm off to Sara's tonight for a Friday night date night instead of our usual Mondays.  I'm very excited!  I'll be making my most delicious seafood risotto recipe adapted from Hungry Meets Healthy one day I'd love to meet that chick!  I love reading her blog!

SO to make the Risotto:

1/2 cup orzo
1/2 pound frozen shrimp
1/2 a bushel of Asparagus chopped
4 baby portebella mushrooms sliced
1/2 a Red onion chopped
4 Roma tomatoes chopped
1/4 cup white wine
1 ounce goat cheese
1 ounce pimento cheese (optional, if you don't add this do 2 ounces goat cheese)
1 tsp Red pepper flakes
2 tsp Oregano
2 cloves of garlic
1 tbsp grape seed oil

Preheat the oven to 375

I start by putting my onion and garlic into the pan with the oil and sauteing until they are in danger of burning.  Then I add the white wine and cook until the alcohol is gone.  While the wine is cooking I add the rest of the ingredients except the shrimp and cheese.


Once everything else seems to be cooked (about 4-6 minutes) I add in the shrimp until they are pink, then the cheese until it's melted and well mixed.  



After it is all mixed together I transfer it out of the sauce pan and into a baking dish.  Put it in the oven for 15 minutes and then bring out and serve in a bowl.



SOOOO Good!

Christina makes hers by stuffing a tomato with all the ingredients (well, I added a few) but I found I always had way more ingredients than could fit so I just put it all in a bowl and chop up the tomato and put it in to be cooked with everything else.  

LOVE this one!  Before Hubby got food poisoning on the honeymoon I would make it literally twice a week for myself!  Now I reserve it for those few nights I'm by myself... gives me something to look forward to while I miss the Hubs.

What's your favorite dish to make?  Do you have treats you save for when your significant other is traveling?  What are everyone's Memorial Day plans? 


1 comment:

Christina said...

aww thanks for the shout out!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...