Tuesday, November 15, 2011

It is done


That's right!  I've been wanting to share this with all of you for WEEKS!!!  Husband and I have decided that I should pursue my passion, not to mention I was offered a snazzy partnership at the event coordinating firm I've been working with.  SO -- I quit my day job today. 



This doesn't mean I don't show up tomorrow.  I gave 5 weeks notice.  So I'll be finishing out the year with my current employer, but it feels like a weight has been lifted.  My boss knows, so I can tell my bleeps now!

I will truly be sad to leave my position, but I am very excited about what this opportunity holds.  After all, not everyone gets to say they've got their DREAM JOB!  Starting in January I will move into a full time position as a partner in one of the top 3 event coordinating firms in Atlanta.  Until then I'll be balancing giving my current position all it deserves throughout the day and meetings on nights and weekends for the firm. 

It will be a busy few weeks, but it will definitely all be worth it!

So there you have it, the reason for my silence.  Every time I've gone to post anything for the last few weeks I've just wanted to tell you all about this.... now I can, and I did, and we'll get back to our regularly scheduled randomness tomorrow. :-)

PS:  If you know anyone in the Atlanta area that's looking for a job as an Executive Assistant/Office Manager (plus many other roles) please let me know... but only if they're awesome... I have little time and need a super awesome person to take my place! 

4 comments:

Evelyn said...

Congratulations!!! Much success in your new career & best wishes always. Evelyn

Kathryn said...

or anyone who needs an event coordinator ;)

Sam W. said...

that is so amazing!! congrats to you and good luck :)

erikaldwg said...

Congratulations! You definitely deserve it. Best of luck to you! :)
-Erika

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...