Thursday, August 18, 2011

And now for a tour

of our doors.

Yes, that's right, our doors.

We decided with all these great kitchen changes the rest of our house deserved a small pick-me-up too! SO, we bought new door knobs that are a pretty silver color instead of the ugly gold ones that have paint all over them from the time when I tried to prime an entire condo by.myself...

Please note that when I show you these doors EVERYTHING in the room was painted that color, I mean the doors, walls, door frames, window sills, molding... and the crown molding was black in the rooms that had it...

Yep, it was fun but it looks beautiful now, and you'd never know!

The second bedroom -- that we made into a master

If this looks black it's because it is... this was the hall bath, with black based wall paper and a black door


This doesn't even do the color justice -- this was the living room, dining room, and hall way, with black crown molding

Black again you say? NOPE, this is royal purple, it was in the master bedroom, master bath, and master closet... including the shelves

 I think the white looks much better don't you?

It was pretty fun to look at all the doors and remind myself of how far this condo has come.  It was three years ago at the end of this month that I bought the place and I can say it's been the happiest three years of my life.  I get really caught up in getting out of this condo, it's small, and old, and the water pressure leaves things to be desired; but it has brought some of my happiest memories, I fell in love in this condo, putting furniture together with the hubs.  I'll cry when it's time to say goodbye for sure! 

Counters come today!!!!! Who's PUMPED?!?!?!?!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...